Whatever stage you are at in your journey to live the best life you can with tinnitus, I encourage you to celebrate everything. I don’t just mean the usual stuff – birthdays, Christmas, the weekend – although I heartily recommend you celebrate those too. I also mean that you should celebrate you!
Why? Because celebrating every step you take on this journey releases dopamine, a neurotransmitter that improves not only your mood, but also your motivation to continue making progress.
Celebrate your tinnitus-related stuff
- Celebrate your determination to create a better life
- Celebrate every time you socialise, when you might previously have cancelled, whether you nip to a quiet cafe for a quick coffee with a friend or you throw yourself headlong into a party with 50 guests
- Celebrate every night your new pre-sleep routine means you drop off a few minutes more quickly than you have done before
- Celebrate sticking earplugs in and…
– mowing the lawn
– going to see your favourite band
– taking the kids to the cinema.
Celebrate the less obvious stuff on your journey
- Celebrate keeping an open mind about what might help you
- Celebrate showing your children the importance of working on yourself, and personal growth
- Celebrate creating a more positive environment at home
- Celebrate believing in your own potential
Celebrate the stuff you do every day and barely notice
- Celebrate contributing towards a financially and emotionally stable home
- Celebrate offering a safe and loving space for your partner, children, pets, or yourself
- Celebrate showing up every day to work, or life, even though some days that is really hard to do
- Celebrate helping others, whether it’s holding a door open, contributing to charity, or buying a coffee for a colleague.
Celebrate ALL of it!!
Your challenge (should you choose to accept it) is to grab a pen and a piece of paper right now and write down now at least 5 things to celebrate about YOU.
If you would like to learn how you change your mindset around living with tinnitus find out more here: www.thearingcoach.com